Monday, December 1, 2008

Why do I keep taking the Red Eye?

Every time I take the Sunday night red eye back from Salt Lake I spend Monday at my desk lamenting what a bad decision it was! And the head/stomach/everything-aches always lead me to promising myself that I won't book another red eye - yet for some reason I keep doing it! I am seduced into those few extra Sunday evening hours at home... visions of chocolate chip cookies and board games always get the better of me. And while I take every precaution (including lugging the pillows, blankets, and sleeping pills my mom sends with me) - there really is no escaping the fatigue that inevitably follows a night of sitting much too close to a snoring stranger.

Next time I'm booking my flight home - please remind me how I'm feeling right now and have me get on the 5pm flight with Ali - my much wiser-than-me roommate.

6 comments:

Kate said...

selfishly i tell you that i hope you continue to take that flight... all the more chance of getting together. LOVED seeing you this weekend. sad i missed the movie

Amy said...

Can we plan our next trip home together?

Amy said...

After Christmas that is. :)

kristen kathleen said...

Liz!!! Emergency!!! I need your email address!!! I can't seem to find it, but I need you to send it to me por favor (send it to kkirvine@gmail.com). I can't tell you how fun it was getting together, and how excited I am to come see you in NYC!!!

malia said...

ha ha ha! i do that all the time. everyone thinks i'm crazy for doing it, but i, like you, cherish those few extra hours at home. i figure that i can tough out one day of exhaustion...but i never seem to remember that in the moment. :) good luck!

Ivan Makarov said...

I have a simple solution - move to California. That can easily be arranged. Think of the easy flights. Think of the weather..