Saturday, December 15, 2007

The Miracle of the Milk:

I would like to pay tribute to something I have grown to love since moving back home, and that is… my parents’ uncanny ability to constantly keep our house stocked with milk! Growing up I always took this for granted, as a sort of obvious (albeit unwritten--what were the founding fathers thinking?) right, but after the BYU years which included untold numbers of Sundays waking up to a cereal craving and a lactose-free fridge, I see my parents’ service as a true gift. And from my left-brained accounting perspective I really can’t make sense of how they can account so perfectly for variable milk consumption, which fluctuates drastically depending on brownie and cookie dough levels and would be extremely difficult to predict considering my impulsive treat-making tendencies. So in short, I’d like to send this ‘thank you’ into the void and express appreciation for what has become a small miracle in my life. No wonder I’m questioning moving out… who will take care of the milk?

2 comments:

Stephy said...

Liz,
I hope you drink your milk with as much passion as you drink water late at night. Who says you aren't a writer with quotes like "lactose-free" you have fooled me for certain.
Happy Birthday Sweetcakes!

Jana B. said...

happy birthday a little over an hour ago! um...liz, you are hilarious. and i just thought i'd point out the great phrase 'into the void' from the well-loved 'you've got mail' and say - way to go, liz! how did liz get...a quote in like that?...good one liz!