Tuesday, December 4, 2007

“Ohhhhh Mexico”

I remember apologizing for everything when I was 13. And I saw nothing wrong with it. I think I mistook apologizing as some higher form of politeness. I had no idea that apologizing when I had done nothing wrong was extremely annoying to those around me… well, now I know!

In keeping with my resolution NOT to apologize when it’s unmerited, I refuse to start this post with an apology. That’d be annoying! But I haven’t come so far from my 13-year old ways that I can just leave my weeks of neglect towards this blog un-answered. That said, I was thinking an excuse might do the trick to satisfy my conscience…

So…I was cruising with Tiff in Mexico! And I would like to express my thanks (through this void that is the internet) to all those people that make cruising possible in its verb form. The week was simply divine. There was a comical moment (the night that we had our nerve-racking dinner at the captain’s table) when I kept slipping and calling our cruiseliner a boat and the assistant captain kept correcting me… “ship!” It felt like Pirates. Anyhow, Tiff and I have resolved that all of our friends need to ‘cruise’ together… we’re thinking May. How does that sound? Please RSVP promptly.

5 comments:

rudi said...

a ship! thats hilarious. but i guess that is what it is. i hope you got my text last night. it was the biggest treat to see you! and lets plan a GNO before you leave. i'll miss you.

Lindsay Johnson said...

ummmm. yes. definitely i'll be there. lets plan one sooner than that!!! how about april? right after tax season? can't wait!

Liz said...

April 16th it is!

nerak said...

Liz! I'm pretty excited you're a) moving to the city, and b) a blogger! I mean, those are 2 steps to us becoming REAL friends all over again. I expect you to call me as soon as you get into the city! Maybe we can recreate our night at Cafe Lalo, I'll try and come up with some ridiculous international adventures to entertain you all with. Can't wait to see you!

(p.s. this is karen campbell)

Katie May said...

oooo...I wanna "cruise" with you! Too bad I'm a full-fledged married mama! Otherwise, I'd be all over it. Cruises are awesome because it's got it's own "culture". Remember, Liz, it's a ship! Tehe! At least you and Linz will rock it in April!